(1) work like a charm 迅速的奏效
Those new pills you gave me worked like a charm.
你给我的那些新药片真是药到病除。
(2) chase about/around 四处奔走
I've been chasing around town all morning looking for a present for her.
为了送给她一件礼物,我一上午都在市里四处奔走寻找。
(3) chase up (sb.) (向某人)追讨和索要
The lawyer chased up his client with outstanding debts.
律师向他的委托人追索未还清的债款。
(4) chase up (sth.) 追查或催促(某事)
They are chasing up a delayed order.
他们正在追查逾期的货单。
(5) cheap at the price 无论价钱多么高都值得
The holiday will be very expensive, but if it helps to make you fit and healthy again, it will be cheap at the price.
度假要花很多钱,但如果能帮助你恢复健康,花钱再多也值得。
(6) hold/keep (sth.) in check 抑止;约束;制止
1. I was greatly annoyed by his insensitive remarks, but I kept my temper in check.
我听了他那些没分寸的话,心里很不高兴,但我控制住自己不发脾气。
2. The epidemic was held in check by widespread vaccination.
这种传染病靠广泛的疫苗注射已受到控制。
(7) cheer (sb.) on 鼓舞和鼓励(某人)更加努力
The crowd cheered the runners on as they started the last lap.
赛跑进入最后一圈时,观众为运动员加油鼓劲。
(8) cheer (sb.) up (使某人)离兴起来,振奋起来;鼓舞(某人)
1. Try and cheer up a bit; life isn't that bad.
想办法高兴点儿,生活并不是那么糟。
2. You look as though you need cheering up.
看来你需要振作起来。
3. When I'm in low spirits, I need someone to cheer me up.
我情绪低落时,需要有人给我鼓劲。
(9) get (sth.) off one's chest 说出积存已久的话
You're obviously worried about something; why not get it off your chest?
你显然有心事,何不一吐为快?
(10) chew (sth.) over (think over) 仔细考虑(某事)
l'll give you till tomorrow to chew it over.
我给你一天时间考虑考虑这个问题。
天津翻译公司